Here are my thoughts:
Why I love the terrain...
- The biggest difference for me between the terrain and the BOB, is the locking front wheel. Both have the locking option, but the terrain has a 5% give in the wheel even when it's locked. This is amazing and allows for small, subtle turns while you're running. No more taking the stroller up on 2 wheels to make every little turn! Great feature.
- I am also a fan on the hand brake. I live in a very hilly part of the city, so I use that feature all of the time.
- I also like that the safety strap is connected to the handle bar, rather than the foot bar. I know BOB put it there to work as a safety brake, but it was always in my way and I eventually just took it off. Having it on the handle bar is way more convenient.
- It's really comfortable to run with. Maybe a little heavier than the BOB, but it doesn't make a huge difference.
- The rain cover just zips and snaps on. So much easier than the process of strapping elastics all over the BOB.
- There are also 2 cup holders on the handle bar console.
- I do keep most of my equipment in the basket (which you can stuff, because it has the zipper cover so nothing falls out), but there are also 2 pockets on the sides of the sunshades. That's usually where I keep my iPod for class. Super convenient.
What I miss about my BOB...
Honestly, not much. It was definitely lighter and easier to move, but that's all I can think of.
Anyway, I could go on, but I'm rambling! I will say that I wouldn't have sold my BOB for just any stroller. The Mountain Buggy terrain is THE runner's stroller. I love this stroller and I think it is an amazing addition to the Baby Boot Camp family.
A bit about Jen McArdle:
Jen is a wife, a mother to Alexis, 9, and Skylar, 19 months, a Baby Boot Camp franchise owner (BBC Boston Metro - Northeast), and an advocate for active lifestyles all around. She started running shortly after the birth of Alexis and never looked back, completing her most recent marathon with Skylar along for the ride as a running partner.
Jen has been involved with Baby Boot Camp for almost a year, first as a student, then an instructor and now as an owner. She loves the unique way that Baby Boot Camp challenges her as an athlete, provides her with a support group of moms, and allows her to be an example to her children of how to live a healthy lifestyle.